Thursday, December 30, 2010

I'm Back

Greetings Everyone. Happy New Year. Well, I'm back. I've decided to start blogging again. However this time, I'll try and refrain from long diatribes, rants and ramblings. I want to relieve my Facebook friends from the multiple postings I enter that fills up space. Instead, I'll use this blog to refer you to sites and people that I find interesting. I'll give opinion here and there, but my main purpose is to simply show that Christ is active in places and events that may be out of your immediate line of vision.
Plus, I'll point to sports stories and other news stories that are interesting or quirky. After all, that's what I am...quirky. I'll not post on a daily basis as time is not a commodity I have to spare.

Today, I want to introduce you to two wonderful Catholic radio programs. They are a part of Renewal Ministries, a Catholic Charismatic organization headed up by Ralph Martin. The first program is Food For the Journey hosted by Sister Ann Shields. Sister Ann is a marvelous communicator and wonderful Christian. I think Protestants can feel very at home listening to her programs. They are available on Itunes as well as her site. Just click link above and listen. Today's program was very good. She highlights the importance of the scriptures.

The second program I enjoy is Fire On The Earth hosted by Peter Herbeck. Peter applies practical theology to the scriptures and often has interesting guests. Today's program covering the scripture readings for the day is particularly good. Click the link to listen. Both Food For the Journey and Fire On The Earth are fifteen minute shows that most often run back to back on the giant Catholic network, EWTN.

Weather goes South.

Out of Los Angeles...Baby it's cold and windy outside. Check out the LA Times.

It's a slow news day so far, so leaving the news for a moment, here's an interesting article about Children Who Refuse to Grow Up. I think it's right on. In harmony with this article, I'd be interested in seeing how many of you have read, The Death of the Grown-Up by Diana West. It looks particularly interesting. Let me know what you think of it.

Well, for the time being, that's all I have for today. My migraine is getting the best of me so I'm going to sign off. I hope you all have a wonderful New Year. Let's pray it's better than this last year for our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment