Saturday, April 11, 2009

Christ is Risen --Easter Quotes


Easter Quotes:

"If Christ be not risen, then is my preaching vain, and your faith is also vain, and you are yet in your sins, ...all our visions of heaven are blasted and withered;  the brightness of our hope is quenched for ever; that rock on which our trust is built, turns out to be nothing better than mere sand if the divinity of Christ be not proved.  All the joy and consolation we ever had in this world, in our belief that his blood was sufficient to atone for sin, has been but a dream of fancy and a  'figment of idle brains;' all the communion we have ever had with him has been but an illusion and a trance, and all the hopes we have of beholding his face in glory, and of being satisfied when we awake in his likeness, are but the foulest delusions that ever cheated the hopes of man."  Charles Hadden Spurgeon Sermon 258

"We worship a risen, living Savior who has promised to give immortality to all who believe on his name.  No longer do men and women need to stumble in the fog and hopelessness.  A light shines brighter than the noonday sun, offering hope to everyone who has been born again.  Jesus promised, "I am the resurrection and the life.  He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.  And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die."  (John 11:25-26)  Billy Graham.  

"Do no abandon yourselves to despair.  We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song." 
-- Pope John Paul II

"Christ the Lord is risen today, 'Sons of men and angels say.  Raise your joys and triumphs high;  Sing, ye heavens, and earth reply."  --Charles Wesley

"Let every man and woman count himself immortal.  Let him catch the revelation of Jesus in his resurrection.  Let him say not merely, 'Christ is risen,' but ' I shall rise.'"  --Phillips Brooks


2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the picture on the "Followers" portion of your site. I'll have to use a friend's scanner to get a more "accurate" one. lol.

    Reading the headlines and stories on my favorite news sites today, today of all days the contrast of my hope and of the reality of the world seems starker than usual. Sometimes sorrow is heavy upon us. I think about the followers of Jesus during his crucifixion, and I just know that if I were there I would be crying, maybe even despairing, to see it all crumble before me. Probably "not all that sure" He would come out of the grave. Probably "not sure even one little bit". But He did, praise God, and that hope, against all odds, against reason, was fulfilled. That God Himself should come to us and die for our sins, and come back from the dead to seal the pact and ensure our future. Who can understand the mercy and love of God?

    I'll go with Charles Wesley today. Let men and angels and all of creation rejoice in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi P...
    I welcome Dogs too even though I'm a catman. Cat's are potty trained.

    I try to read the news as little as possible. Nothing like ruining a good day. If it's 10 minutes in the newspage, it's gotta be 30 in the Word just to wipe away the negative.

    As for the Mercy of God...check out the Divine Mercy Chaplet. Protestants can feel comfortable with it. If the Rosary at the beginning bothers you find a good prayer to take it's place. Scot McKnight has plenty of suggestions. I find the Divine Mercy Chaplet to be a great reminder of our Lord's mercy and the repetition simply seals the thought into my head. God bless my friend.

    ReplyDelete